Welcome Back Families
WELCOME TO HAUSER!
August 7, 2018
Dear Hauser Family,
Welcome to Hauser Junior High School and the 2018-2019 school year! We are so excited to be a part of this exceptional learning community and look forward to working together as a part of the Hauser Team! We follow “The Hauser Way” at Hauser...“Be Responsible, Be Respectful, Be Safe and Choose to be Positive & Kind.” Students and staff strive daily to “ATTACK the Day the Hauser WAY!”
Hauser's Informational System is PowerSchool. This system can be used to access student schedules, locker assignments, grades and announcements. PowerSchool will be available for families to access on TUESDAY, AUGUST 14th after 12:00 noon. All 6th grade students and students new to Hauser will receive a letter via U.S. Postal Service with individual log in information and directions for PowerSchool. All returning students may access PowerSchool to view schedule and locker assignment. After logging in to PowerSchool, click on "My Schedule" to view your child's schedule and locker number. Returning students having difficulty accessing PowerSchool can go to the Hauser website under the Heading "Parents" and click "PowerSchool Parent Portal" and then click on "Forgot Username or Password" for assistance.
For parents and guardians who have not completed residency and registration at the District Office, please do so as soon as possible. Please know your child will not be assigned a schedule nor will you have PowerSchool access until the residency and registration is completed. Registration and residency can be completed Monday-Thursday between the hours of 9:00 A.M. and 3:00 P.M. in the District Office.
We have been busy preparing for the arrival of our students. The first day of school is Thursday, August 23rd from 8:00 A.M. to 3:05 P.M. Students may arrive no earlier than 7:30 A.M. and no later than 7:55 A.M. All students should enter the main doors on Woodside Road. Bike racks are available in the back of the school. All students should be picked up at dismissal no later than 3:20 P.M.
At Hauser, we strive to connect with our students, families, and community members. We invite you to sign up for email notifications by accessing the Hauser website at www.district96.org/hauser/ and the district website at www.district96.org. These websites also contain announcements and calendar updates. Along with our websites, we also share news via “Hauser Happenings” (a weekly email to celebrate student successes and share upcoming events) and through our Hauser Facebook page. Please follow us at www.facebook.com/D96Hauser.
Hauser Junior High has the ultimate goal to educate the “whole child.” We offer our students a rigorous and relevant academic experience aligned to the Common Core State Standards. We also support the social and emotional growth of our students. Joining the Hauser Team this year will be new staff members: Mr. Robert Brown-7th Grade Resource, Ms. Andrea Ferguson-Orchestra, Ms. Maureen Lynch-7th Grade ELA, and Ms. Danielle Witken-paraprofessional. We look forward to an exciting and rewarding year at Hauser Junior High School. Enjoy the remainder of the summer!
ATTACK the Day the Hauser WAY!
April Mahy, Principal & Christine Mullin, Assistant Principal
Additional Information and Upcoming Events
School Supplies: School supply lists can be accessed through the Hauser website: School Supply Lists Students will be issued Chromebooks through PE classes on Monday, August 27th.
- Hauser’s Main Office will be open daily August 6th-22nd from 9:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.
- Beginning on August 23rd, the Main Office is open daily from 7:30 A.M. to 3:30 P.M.
- Replacement locks and PE uniforms for 7th and 8th graders may be purchased at the Main Office beginning August 13th. Replacement locks are $10. Only HAUSER purchased locks may be used-NO outside locks are allowed. Replacement PE uniforms are $30 for the set or $15 for a shirt or shorts.
- 6th graders can pick up their locks and purchase PE uniforms during the 6th Grade Orientation on Thursday, August 16th. Locks were included in the registration fees. PE Uniforms will need to be purchased for $30 for the set.
- Lunch tickets will also be available for purchase beginning August 20th. A book of 20 tickets is $60.00. Checks should be made payable to Riverside Public Schools.
- A drop off area will be available in the atrium of the front door to deposit forgotten lunches. Families will need to use the available stickers to write the child’s name on the sticker, place on the lunch, and deposit in the appropriate grade level drawer. The lunches will be taken to the cafeteria for dissemination.
6th Grade Orientation: August 16th at 6:00 P.M. Orientation will take place from 6:00 P.M. to 7:00 P.M. and begin in the Hauser Auditorium.
- Parents/guardians are invited to attend with their 6th grader. Please print your 6th grader’s schedule and bring it to Orientation. Schedules can be accessed through PowerSchool. If needed, an extra copy of the schedule will be available in the Hauser Cafeteria.
- Students are encouraged to bring their supplies and set up their locker at this time.
- Locks may be picked up during the Orientation in the Hauser Cafeteria. PE uniforms will also be available for purchase that evening in the Hauser Cafeteria. Lock fees were included as part of the registration fees. Replacement costs will be assessed if a student loses their lock. Replacement costs are $10 for a lock, $30 for the PE uniform set or $15 for PE shirt or shorts.
- Students unable to attend 6th Grade Orientation on August 16th are welcome to attend the Meet-and-Greet on August 22nd.
Meet and Greet: August 22nd from 1:00 - 2:00 P.M. Students are encouraged to visit Hauser to practice walking their schedules, set up their lockers, and meet their teachers. Please note, Parents/Guardians are not required to accompany their children.
First Day of School: August 23rd from 8:00 A.M. to 3:05 P.M.
- Students should arrive no earlier than 7:30 A.M.
- All students should enter the main doors at the front of the building on Woodside Road. Sixth and seventh graders should report to the auditorium. Eighth graders should report to the cafeteria.Students riding bikes to school will need to lock their bikes in the bike racks at the back of the school and then walk around to the front and enter through the front doors. No students may enter through the back doors.
- Students should come prepared with supplies on the first day of school. Supply lists can be found at: School Supply Lists
- Lunches will begin the first day of school. Students have the option of bringing a lunch from home or purchasing one in the cafeteria. Lunches are $3.00. Ala carte Smart Snack Bar items are also available for purchase on a daily basis. The monthly menu can be found on the school website at: Lunch Menu
- Dismissal is at 3:05 P.M daily. Students should exit the building and the grounds promptly. All students not in after school activities should be picked up by 3:20 P.M.
Lorado Taft Informational Meeting: August 28th at 7:00 P.M.
Sixth grade parents/guardians can attend an Informational Meeting for Lorado Taft in the Hauser Auditorium on Tuesday, August 28th at 7:00 P.M. Attendance of the Informational Meeting is not required. Lorado Taft registration deadline is Friday, September 7th. Registration MUST be received by this date in order for students to participate. Registration information is available on our website. Go to the Academics tab and then choose Field Trips. Link to Lorado Taft Registration paperwork
PTO Meeting: August 30th from 6:00 - 6:30 P.M.
All Hauser parents/guardians are welcome and encouraged to attend.The PTO supports our students at Hauser in many ways. Meet in the auditorium to hear how you can be a part of this awesome system of support!
Fall Parent Night: August 30th from 6:30-8:30 P.M.
Parents/Guardians are welcome to join us to walk through student schedules, meet teachers and learn about class curriculum. Due to space and classroom capacities, this night is for parents/guardians only. The night will begin in the Hauser Auditorium. Please bring a copy of your child’s schedule.